Friday, November 02, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today has been a lovely day with lots of surprises.  I have received so many emails, cards, and phone calls wishing me well that I feel so special.  My dearest friend called me first thing this morning and started the day off with a smile.  She says she has me a gift but is not going to tell me what it is.  We will celebrate it this weekend when she comes down.  She and I will be going on our stitching retreat together this weekend.  The retreat is always my gift to myself.

Then my son gave me a big hug and gave me the new sewing machine I have been lusting after.  It isn't a really fancy or expensive one but it is certainly a few steps above my 40 year old Singer that I can barely work with any longer.  I cannot wait to try it out.  Oh, it is the Brother CS6000i. 

I also got a lovely surprise from Luke Young, one of the authors for whom I gave a review.  He was having a contest to promote his new book and offered a Kindle Fire as the prize providing 100 reviews were given.  If not then the prize would be $5 for each review written.  Well, I just got his email saying that  I won!  I didn't get the Kindle Fire but I did get a nice cash prize so now I can buy more books or stash.  This was certainly a nice birthday surprise.  Thank you Luke!

Jason is taking me out to dinner this evening so I still have more to look forward.  Until next time.... 

1 comment:

Birdie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO. LOL Funny how we share a birthday. Because we share today it must mean you are like me and that is a wonderful thing. lol lol
May you have a wonderful day and an even better year ahead of you.

hugs
-missy-