Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Christmas Tin Exchange

I am participating in a Christmas Tin Exchange this year and the only rule was that it had to be a Tin of some sort. So....

I received a wonderful surprise yesterday. I spent the day with a friend and when I got home I had a package waiting for me. When I saw who it was from I knew that it was my tin. I was planning to wait till closer to Christmas to open it but since it arrived on my birthday I decided it was an omen and I opened it! I cannot tell you how surprised and pleased I am. My partner was David from France and he did an absolutely marvelous job with his choices. You would think he knew me personally and frankly if he weren't already taken I might have to make a play for him. After all a man who stitches AND buys wonderful gifts!

I am so happy! (and I think I am the first to receive my tin!)

David sent me the most wonderful selection of things. In the lovely tin you will find a wonderful sampler (rolled up and presented beautifully), a bag of Earl Gray Tea and a lovely bar of Dark Chocolate! Two kits which I love, three wonderful books--Bleu, Blanc, and Rouge which have wonderful charts and information in them, a lovely piece of chocolate colored linen with a matching ric rac trim and two skeins of silk. (Sorry, the pic cut off one of the skeins) And last but certainly not least--The most beautiful pair of Sajou Scissors!!! I have lusted after some of these scissors and didn't think I would ever have any but here I am with an antique bronze looking pair. David wanted me to experience France and I certainly have! Again David, thank you so very much!













And a close up of the scissors!

No comments: