Monday, September 28, 2009

Falling Apart at the seams...

Well lately I feel as though I am falling apart at the seams! I told my friend Angel this and she said "Well, we will just have to find a stitcher to sew you back up. Does anyone know a stitcher around here?

I have been feeling really bad for quite a while now. My arthritis and fibromyalgia pain is getting progressively worse and it is beginning to be difficult to tell what pain is from what! I was also diagnosed with diabetes last year. And added along with my other health issues I feel that I am deteriorating rapidly. However, I guess it is just my imagination! Last week I went in for my annual physical and the doc did so many tests and x-rays you wouldn't believe it.

The good news was that I had lost 24 and 1/2 lbs, my EKG was normal, and some of my very unpleasant symptoms were caused by one of my medications--which is very good news as I was getting a bit worried about it. So he changed one of my meds and now these symptoms are now gone and I am actually beginning to feel a bit better. He also changed my anti-inflammatory meds and we will see if this helps with the arthritis and fibro.

One thing he did do however was refer me to a Neurologist who specializes in Sleep disorders. I saw him on Monday. He diagnosed me with Restless Leg Syndrome and believes I will need a CPAP device for sleep apnea. So I am now scheduled for a sleep study. We will see how that turns out. I am also scheduled to see my opthamologist on Wednesday to check out some radical changes in my vision and some black spots that have developed. And finally I have been scheduled for my Mammogram and Colonoscopy! Yuck!

I know this is probably a lot more information than you wanted to know but I thought I should let you know some of the things I am going through. If you can find it in your heart please remember me in your prayers. Some days I really wonder what else can happen--but then I find out!

1 comment:

nela said...

Hola Kathy, cuando dices diabetes, quiere decir que te inyectas insulina, o es diabetes tipo A? bueno para el sueƱo yo puedo comentar que tomo, yo tomo un tea de flor de hibicus, lechuga, toronjil, manzanilla, tilo, y para el sabor unas frutas secas... sabe rico y afuda a dormir como bebe...