Sunday, September 30, 2012

Small finishes

As promised I scanned the two smalls I finished yesterday.  The book mark is simply some small free motifs I used to audition some colors for a sampler I planned to do.  this was stitched in a Light red variegated silk from Hand-dyed Fibers and is stitched on 32 ct linen.  Not the best scan but here it is...
OMG Red Variegated Light                          

In 2004 I attended "Stitchin' at the Beach" in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The retreat was lots of fun and our teachers were wonderful. The Dragon Ladies--Teresa Wentzler of TWDesignworks, Karen Black of Black Swan Designs and Jennifer Aikman-Smith of Dragon Dreams were our teachers.  This little pin cushion was a small bonus design given to us by Jennifer.  As I said yesterday, I stitched it there but then put it away and never got around to finishing it off.  I don' know what happened with the scan.  The fabric does not have brown edges!  It is all the color of the middle.  But at least you can get an idea of how I finished it.  All I have left to do is add the stuffing and close it up.  Just looking at it reminds me of the workshop and the fun we had--even in the middle of a snowstorm!  I shared that with you back then so I won't go into it again but it was a challenge, to say the least.

  SBTS Pin Cushion

I haven't been able to get anything done stitching-wise today but hopefully I can get back to it tomorrow.

Until next time...

No comments: