Monday, September 24, 2012

Broken Dreams


As I was getting things listed on Etsy I ran across a sampler that I stitched many years ago and I was once more struck with the verse and it meaning for me.  So I thought I would share it with you.  I hope you enjoy it.


Broken Dreams

As children bring their broken toys
 with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God

 because He was my friend.
But then instead of leaving Him

 in peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help

 with ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back and cried,

 "How can You be so slow"?
"My child," He said, "What could I do?

 You never did let go."               

 Author unknown

1 comment:

Meari said...

Thanks for sharing the verse!

And thanks for looking in your stash for the HDF I'm needing. I really appreciate it!