Sunday, September 23, 2012

Book Review and more...

Book review for today:   The Florida Chase by Paul Moxham

When a father does not return home as scheduled, his two college aged sons begin a search. From Pittsburgh to NYC to DC to the Florida Keys the search leads the young men through break-ins, hurricane, fire, flood, snakes, alligators, and capture from would-be assassins. Never giving up hope of finding their father they follow the clues until they reach the end of their journey. The suspense keeps the story moving and the reader interested. The surprise ending brings the story to a valid conclusion.

It is obvious from terminology that the author is not American even though the story is about Americans. But the book is very enjoyable--especially for the younger readers. A bit of proof reading would also do much for this book.  But I would still give it 4 stars.

I look forward to reading more stories from Mr. Moxham and hope to read about Australia in one of his next works.


I have been very busy this last week.  I am working on my designs for Nashville as well as trying to get a Christmas gift finished.  I have also been doing a bit of cleaning out--as in organizing and de-cluttering.  I have been thinking for a long time that I need to do something about all the finished and u-finished (as in stitched but not framed, etc) projects that I have.  I have my walls filled with my stitching and still have a closet floor filled with framed pieces I have no where to hang.  I also counted 47 pieces that have not been framed or soft finished hanging on pants hangers in the closet.  How many more there are in drawers or project bags is yet to be determined.

At any rate I have decided to sell some of them.  So I have opened an Etsy shop. You can find it here  My Etsy Shop   Please check it out and tell me what you think.  I haven't worked with Etsy before so don't know if I have everything done correctly.   
I will be adding more things as I find them, especially the older things.

Until next time....

1 comment:

Meari said...

You have some beautiful pieces listed on Etsy!! I've been tempted to open an account there, too, but not sure yet.