And as I shared my biscornu from Camp StitchAway last time I thought I would share a photo of the needlebook I made to go with it. Using the biscornu pattern as a guide I came up with this one:
These were stitched on antique white 20ct linen using Ginnie Thompson Flower Thread and DMC Perle Cotton for the Cobblestone stitch. The biscornu was topped off with a cute ladybug button. They were lots of fun to make. When I finished the needlebook I was very surprised to find a matching silk ribbon in a d-bag of silk ribbon I have. I did not expect to find one such a perfect match!
This set was done for a very special lady and I will be sending it off to her on Monday. But I plan to make another for myself!
When I finished my latest model I began a commissioned piece. It is a sampler from the Scarlett Letter called Ann Kirby. It is stitched on a 36 ct linen with DMC threads. The threads really look a bit darker IRL but I just couldn't get a really good photo of it.
So as you can see I have been very busy. I have also been doing some designing and will be making an announcement soon. I have a couple of things in the works from that direction. But off now to do some more stitching. Till next time....
.....The Original: Beware of Imitations.....