Sunday, May 09, 2010

What's Happening with me...

I thought I would take a few minutes to share what I have been up to for the last little while. First of all I finished up two models for Tracy at Ink Circles ( Turkish Delight released at the online needlework show and the latest mandala for JCS) and two for Vilma at Examplars From the Heart (Shepherd and Shepherdess and one not yet released).

And as I shared my biscornu from Camp StitchAway last time I thought I would share a photo of the needlebook I made to go with it. Using the biscornu pattern as a guide I came up with this one:


























These were stitched on antique white 20ct linen using Ginnie Thompson Flower Thread and DMC Perle Cotton for the Cobblestone stitch. The biscornu was topped off with a cute ladybug button. They were lots of fun to make. When I finished the needlebook I was very surprised to find a matching silk ribbon in a d-bag of silk ribbon I have. I did not expect to find one such a perfect match!

This set was done for a very special lady and I will be sending it off to her on Monday. But I plan to make another for myself!

When I finished my latest model I began a commissioned piece. It is a sampler from the Scarlett Letter called Ann Kirby. It is stitched on a 36 ct linen with DMC threads. The threads really look a bit darker IRL but I just couldn't get a really good photo of it.

Image

So as you can see I have been very busy. I have also been doing some designing and will be making an announcement soon. I have a couple of things in the works from that direction. But off now to do some more stitching. Till next time....

Kathy aka The MadStitcher
.....The Original: Beware of Imitations.....
http://www.madstitcher.com

No comments: