Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Chaos...

Whoever it was that came up with The Chaos Theary must have had a sneek peek at my home right now! Everything is out of my kitchen cabinets--in boxes in the family room and my office, and on the kitchen table with a sheet over it...or who knows where else it might be. But I can't find or use anything! I cannot cook (okay, that part isn't so bad!), I can barely get to the refrigerator! And my once organized office is long gone--and that was the first room I *re-did*!! I know that it will definitely be worth it in the long run but I have to survive this first! I don't think I will ever get the smell of Kilz primer out of my nostrils!!! That stuff is dangerous. And it sort of defeats the purpose of buying the paint that doesn't *smell*! Oh, well, as I said it will be beautiful. I really wish I had gotten to take a before photo because the after would be even more stunning. The room is going from a dark, dingy wood color (and dirty wallpaper that wouldn't come clean) to a wonderful white, sand, and sparkling clean.

I must tell you though that the wallpaper itself was once lovely but shortly after it was hung my son had an argument with a two-liter Dr Pepper and he lost! Dr Pepper went all over the walls and ceiling leaving stains that simply would not come out. So I have lived with this little reminder for quite a few years. Each time we mention it we so have to laugh about it though. The expression on my son's face was priceless and very memorable. Definitely one of those times when I wish it had been caught on film!

No comments: