Sunday, February 25, 2007

Day Dreaming

Today has been a more relaxed day for me. I have stitched quite a bit but have done absolutely nothing else. I decided to take a *day off* from everything! I haven't even turned on the TV. I have just been sitting and stitching and contemplating life--well actually I have been day-dreaming about re-doing my kitchen and family room. My wonderful son who is an expert painter and a fair handyman came in the other day and stated that it was time to bring my 1970's kitchen into the 21st century! When I asked who was going to pay for all this he said..."Mom, you'd be surprized at what a little paint will do and it won't break the bank." So we got to talking about things and he said he will do all the work--strip off the wallpaper, paint the ceiling and walls, resurface the cabinets and replace all the hardware so I can get rid of the rubber bands holding the cabinet doors closed. Since most of my appliances are fairly new that will leave only the countertops and microwave to replace. So I am going to try to figure out a way to get those. I wonder how fast I can modelstitch?!!!!!

Then in the family room he is going to paint the ceiling and walls and get rid of the dark paneling which is there now. So I will only need to decide what to do about the floor and window treatments. I can't afford to replace carpet or install my desired hardwood floors right now so I guess that will just have to wait. But I have been looking for fabric for draperies for a while now so I guess I need to make some decisions about those. Thank goodness I can sew them myself! I think if I just take things a little at a time I should be able to accomplish a lot. The countertops will be my biggest expense right now--so I am going to do some research and find out approximately what that will cost me.

The funniest thing about this whole day-dreaming thing is I have spent more time thinking about what to stitch for my new kitchen walls--and I haven't yet decided 100% on paint color! Can you tell I am a real stitcher?

No comments: