Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Rambling Again




Recently several people have asked me about my book The Ramblings of a Mad Stitcher. So I thought that I would take a few minutes here to tell you about it and answer some of the questions I have been asked.

I have been journaling since I was a young girl with her first *diary*. Over the years I have found it to be both helpful and therapeutic. It has been a way to chronicle all the things that happen in one's lifetime and also helps to relieve the stress from many of these things--my grandmother called them *Life Happenings*. Therefore, this has just become a part of my life. I will admit though, that I prefer paper and pen over the computer--it just seems more intimate somehow.

A few years ago I was going through a remarkabley stressful *Life Happening* and I was using my journal a a sounding board. On a particularly bad day I chose to share one entry with some friends on the Teresa Wentzler BB. Over a few weeks I began sharing more and more and one day I realized that many people were avidly awaiting my daily posts. So I began Rambling every day. It was suggested that I write a book. I have always enjoyed writing and had dreamed of one day being a famous author! Even so I knew I would never be a professional so I just kept on with my little stories. As my husband's condition worsened and I began seeing similar symptoms in my Mom I wanted to do something to help fight Alzeimer's. So I compiled my litttle stories and did a bit of editing and finishing and printed them up into a *book* that I made for sale to benefit the Alzeimer's Foundation. It is a self published, spiral bound, softback book and all profits go to benefit Alzeimer's research. If you are interested in ordering one of these books send me an email at mad_stitcher@yahoo.com or leave a comment here including your email address.

Thanks to everyone who has shown interest in this project. It has proven to be more therapeutic than I ever could have imagined.

Several people have also asked me how I became the *Mad Stitcher*--well that is for another day!

No comments: