Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reality Hits

After my wonderful week with the girls, it was really hard to get back to life as we know it. I had insurance companies and power chair companies to deal with and we all know what that is like. It became obvious to me that it might be a while before I would be able to get another vehicle. My wonderful son took me out to dinner for Thanksgiving and that was a treat. Other than that it was a very quiet and uneventful day here. I have been stitching trying to get caught up with some models I have to finish and I have been working on my new releases for the February Needlework Market in Nashville. Christmas was very quiet for us. My step-daughter and her children and grandchildren cam by on December 14th and that was the highlight for me. The grand-kids are growing up entirely too fast! Jason and I spent Christmas Day relaxing and watching Christmas movies on TV. I was able to get a lot of stitching done this week. Now I was planning for the Stitching Sisters to come New Year's weekend for our Christmas get-together. That will be my real Christmas! Kiki got here on Thursday afternoon Dec 30th and we got to catch up a bit before the others arrived. We laughed and stitched and watch DVD's until the wee hours of the morning. Angel got here about 11:00am and Angela arrived about 12:00 noon. We ate lunch and homemade fudge brought by Kiki and laughed and celebrated. About 4:00 pm we decided to have our gift exchange. I was truly blessed with all that I was given.

From Angel I got a beautiful snakeskin bag, several boxes and tins to use with my stitching, a micro-suede lap throw, a tie set which I will talk about in another post, a box of chocolates in the special Whitman's Sampler stitcher's tin and a lovely stitched needlebook and scissors fob to match the Tag she made me last year--in red, of course!


Angela gave me three nesting trays that she had made for me with felted bottoms to protect my treasures. She also gave me two sets of beaded counting pins and a beaded bookmark that she also made.

Kiki's gift to me was a combination birthday and Christmas gift. She made me a strip quilted jacket and purse set in my favorite colors--black, white, and red--with touches of yellow and gray. It is so beautiful! I will try to get some photos up tomorrow.

We missed Tracy this year but hopefully she will be able to join us again next year.

Until next time....

No comments: