Sunday, November 18, 2007

Catching up

I thought I would take a few minutes to start catching up on all that has been going on with me over the last few months. If you remember my son was re-doing my kitchen for me. Well, it looks great! He painted the walls and ceiling, resurfaced and painted all the cabinetry, replaced all the hinges and hardware to a beautiful brushed Nichol finish, and replaced all the outlet and light switch covers to brushed Nichol. Before it was dark paneling and dingy. Now it is light bright and airy and I love it.

Jason has also spend a remarkable amount of time in the yard--trimming, removing and re-planting the foliage and prepping the pool area and keeping it nice and sparkly.

We have also painted the master bedroom and one guest room and have continued the decluttering and organizing preparing the house to sale. When we get finished I know it will look great. I just hope the market will appreciate all the hard work we have put into it.

I have made a dent in the decluttering of my Mom's things but to be honest it is more difficult to get rid of her things than it is my own. But I have made the decidion that I don't need things to make me remember so I am taking some photos and plan to make a memory book and am getting rid of most of the *stuff* here in this house. I know my son will appreciate it--it will save him a lot of heartache and hard work when the time arrives.

I will try to get some photos of my kitchen in the next few days. Until then. Take care and Happy Stitching!

No comments: