Monday, December 11, 2006

French Alphabet Sampler Specifics

I was asked about the specifics of my French Alphabet Sampler so I thought I would share it here. I am so excited. I managed to get 6 generations covered with names and/or initials.

Both Maternal and Paternal Grandparents
My Parents
My 2 Brothers and 1 SIL
My Son and Stepdaughter
My 2 step Grandchildren and spouses
My 2 Great-grandchildren
And, of course, my late DH and me--including both surnames, both first names and both initials and our nicknames as well--Stormy and Bo

I think that's a total of 29 names/initials and 3 dates, some stitching motifs and I am going to make a place for a Celtic motif of some sort to represent our heritage. Lynne, did an absolutely fantastic job on this and I am completely satisfied with the results.

I am going to be using White Belfast for this one to make the Dragon Blood really stand out beautifully. I can't wait for Jan 1st!

No comments: